Suite Ernest Hemingway
- Area : 79 m² / 851 sq. ft.
The larger-than-life author known as Papa loved both Paris and the Ritz. The suite named in his honor is alive with personal memories, a true adventurer's diary. The bohemian spirit of carefree youth lives on in this magical, green-infused spot.
"When I dream of afterlife in heaven, the action always takes place in the Paris Ritz," wrote Hemingway, and this suite's embrace of the great outdoors makes it the perfect backdrop. Thanks to the tree-lined terrace, you could be in a country house – right in the heart of the city. The resulting sense of freedom is a constant, quiet thrill.
Grand Jardin view
Separate living room
Large separate walk-in closet
Like living in a novel
Many find gazing at greenery the perfect spur to inspiration. From your desk you see first typewriter, then lamp, then a stream of light revealing the verdant scene beyond the window. Back inside, objects and images tell the story of a globetrotter's life from Cuba to Africa: a sycamore cigar box, a swordfish trophy, a moment's writing. You can't help but explore, feel, and imagine. An open book.
Like being outdoors
Bathed in daylight, the bedroom and bathroom open onto the terrace - giving this suite its unique character. Ahead is a small corner of paradise that feels like an extension of the Grand Jardin below: magnolias, fragrant bushes, a sense of freshness. Recline on the chaise longue and scan the sky, or sit up for a beautifully bucolic breakfast. Whichever you choose, silence reigns.
"Paris is a moveable feast"
"If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast," wrote Hemingway. With its jazz clubs, artists' workshops, and carefree atmosphere, 1920s Paris was a haven for adventurous intellectuals from all over - a whirlwind of freedom, expression, experiment, and infinite possibilities. The author discovered the Ritz thanks to the wealthier F. Scott Fitzgerald, and it was love at first sip. As soon as Hemingway tasted his own literary success, the Ritz was Paris.
Hemingway made the Ritz his Parisian hangout, betting on horse races to afford a drink a week at our bar. After his first literary success, our hotel acted as his European "pied-a-terre" for the rest of his life. To celebrate his legend, consider a visit to the bar that bears his name, a place of pilgrimage for cocktail enthusiasts. Unless you prefer to make your own vodka martini with the cocktail set supplied in your suite...
You will be invoiced by the Ritz Paris with 100% of the total cost of your stay or, where applicable, the total cost of your stay paid prior to your arrival date will be fully retained by the Ritz Paris, as follows:
- In the event of a cancellation request after 3pm (local time, Paris) and less than seven (7) days prior to your arrival date ;
- In the event of a cancellation request after 3pm (local time, Paris) and less than fifteen (15) days prior to your arrival date due during the following periods: from 02/26/2024 to 03/05/2024, from 06/14/2024 to 06/28/2024, from 09/23/2024 to 10/01/2024, from 12/28/2024 to 12/31/2024, from 01/14/2025 to 01/24/2025, from 02/24/2025 to 03/04/2025;
- In the event of a cancellation request after 3pm (Paris local time) and less than thirty (30) days prior to your arrival date due during the period from 07/20/2024 to 07/24/2024;
- No cancellations are possible if your stay is due during the period from 07/25/2024 to 08/11/2024.
All our rooms and suites have complimentary wifi access.